Ye Mere Deewanapan Hai I Sophia Abella

Friday, January 15, 2010

Why nice guys finish last



Why is it that so many girls wax lyrical over dating some bloke who refuses to return their calls, won't be caught dead meeting her folks and never buys her gifts (unless he wants something in return)? Introducing the bad boy - a.k.a. the blokes we tend to fall hopelessly in love with.

On one hand we've got the sweet, loving adorable bloke who loves our imperfections, laughs at our lame jokes and holds our handbag while we're shopping. ("Ew!" say the bad boys, "never!")

On the other hand there's the bad boy: the bloke who doesn't like our friends, is hardly interested in us and would rather eat dirt than carry around our Witchery purse. But we try him anyway because, well, he makes us feel sexy.

"I always, always fall for the bad boy," laments my gorgeous publicist friend who is dating some guy who refuses to come to her house, return her text messages or see her outside of midnight hours. "It drives me crazy because these guys are always playing games. I never know if they like me or if they don't - but then they turn on that irresistible charm, and I can't get enough of them!"

Strange, but true. Nice guys finish last because they're simply too feminine. "Relationships work best when there is the existence of masculine and feminine polarity," he says. In other words the man must exhibit manly traits to get our affection.

"So what about the SNAG (sensitive new age guy)?" my SNAG mate Martin asks me when I tell him of the bad boy theory. "Aren't we supposed to be all wussy and understanding around the chicks?"

Well that's where things get complicated. "The sensitive new age guy that was created in the 90s by many women's magazines and was initially welcomed by women as it was an interesting change.
"But he was soon kicked out of bed for the more sexually aggressive and appealing masculine alternative which women cannot resist."
And for all you nice blokes out there wondering where you went wrong, here are the tips:
"Don't be intimidated by beautiful women and this means you should not bestow her with endless compliments - she receives enough of that kind of attention already from the wussies.


"Don't agree with everything she says but instead challenge her thoughts and make her work for your affection. And if you want to successfully attract beautiful and interesting women? You need to act like a man so take control and make it happen!"

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sophia,

    I don't know why good guys finish last. When I was younger, I was really upset with myself and wondered why it was that why. Now that I've gotten older, I don't think about it anymore. I know I'm a nice guy and yes, I do come in last especially where you are considered. I hope you will be happy with your new friend, but I'm going to miss you so much. I keep looking for an email from you. I'm hoping you will stay in touch with me. I can't stand to lose your friendship. Loving you is more important to me than life itself. Please write me emails when you have chance. I'm already depressed. If I don't hear from you, I know I'll go into a deep depression. I can't take my mind off you, even when I'm at work. I want you to be happy so I am happy if you are happy with your new found friend, but if it doesn't work out, please remember there is a man here who cares about your happiness and your welfare and I hope you will consider meeting me if your current relationship doesn't work. Yes my dear, I still want to meet you and I pray that you will still want to meet me so we can have that walk on the beach, the shopping tour and the candle lit dinner. Then I will walk you home before returning to my hotel. It would be the end of a perfect day and evening. I would love to take care of you because it makes me feel good to do something for a friend. Of course, I have to wait and see if all works for you currently. I really hope you'll stay in touch and keep me aware of how you're doing because I care. Yes, last guys DO finish last and I don't want to finish last anymore. Please send me an email Sophia. I do care - a lot. Be good. take care and walk with God.

    All my love, Rick

    ReplyDelete