Ye Mere Deewanapan Hai I Sophia Abella

Thursday, January 7, 2010

What men will say to get laid?


A girlfriend of mine recently went on a date with a man who talked all evening about his love for babies and his desperate desire to settle down and get married. While the dinner was delicious and the man was hot to trot, my girlfriend left the restaurant feeling rather perplexed.
"Surely he was pulling my leg?" she asked in confusion. "I've heard he's a big playboy - has he suddenly changed? Or is this just his tactic he uses to get women into bed?"
She was smarter than I thought.

I'm often flabbergasted by comments I overhear men spewing out in order to get laid. They'll lie about their jobs, ditch dinner in a bid to get their date drunk faster or use high-fangled pick-up lines which are supposedly guaranteed to work every time.

But lately, there seems to be a new strategy hitting the dating circuit, which is getting clucky women's g-strings in a knot. Introducing the "breeder" tactic ...
Let me explain.
Biologically, women are supposed to be more inclined to date and sleep with a man who is viewed as a potential father of her children. In other words, she'll find more sex appeal in a potential provider, as opposed to the party boy who just wants to have fun. (Which throws out the bad boy theory!)

There's a brilliant explanation of this:
"The men who shout from the rooftops that 'I'm-desperate-to-settle-down!' are, quite possibly ... luring women into their lascivious embraces by posing as Potential Husband and Father Material."
And it seems the Players amongst the single blokes have caught onto this little tidbit of science, and are running with it as a new found bedroom tactic.
Take Hugh Grant, who told Vanity Fair magazine a few years ago that he was hanging up his bad-boy ways as he was now ready to get married and have children.
"If I went to a party tonight and bumped into a fantastic girl - whereas three years ago it might have led to a short-term relationship - now I definitely keep my thoughts open to the idea of settling down and breeding," he quipped.
(Perhaps the suaveness of Will, the character he played in the film About A Boy, who pretends to have a son named Marcus so he can meet hot single mothers, may have gotten to his head.)
Either way, the tactic seems to be working like a charm.
Then there's the tale of a male model named Adam Perry, who after posing bare-chested while cradling a baby, became so popular, he went on to sleep with a whopping 3000 women. (Or so he claims. Remember the "magic number" rule: men lie about how many women they've slept with by doubling the number.)
Either way, Perry got crowned with the title of "the world's most promiscuous man", with many suggesting it was his billboard image as a "Potential Husband" that greatly increased his appeal. (It could have just been those biceps, but hey, that's just my opinion.)
So, considering women are said to be hard-wired to be drawn to men who can "invest in parenthood", are those men looking for a casual romp using this piece of knowledge to their advantage?

Finally, there's the theory that divorced lads are in hot demand while children in prams are the ultimate male "chick magnet".
While I'm not sure how to take in all these theories, I've cobbled together other lines I've heard men use to get women into bed which begs the question to the female Ask Sam readers, have you been duped? ...

Lines men use to get laid:
* "I don't want to sleep with you, I just want to spoon."
* "I just need to get something from my place on the way to the next club. Do you mind coming up?"
* "Let's skip all the formal dinner shenanigans. It's so boring. Want to come to my place later?"
* "Want to watch a DVD together tonight?"
* "Want to come over and chill?"
* "Invite me over!"
* "We have great chemistry."
* "You and I have so much in common?"
* "Want to get out of here and go somewhere less noisy? I promise I'll behave."
* "I love your accent."
* "God, you're so hot"
* "Did I mention you're hot?"
* "Great rack. Want to head back to my place?"
* "Are you on the pill?"
* "We're having an after party at my place."
* "I locked myself out - can I just stay at your place till my roommates come back?"

1 comment:

  1. Nice research on this one Sophia. It's just a damn shame there are so many men out there who only care about getting laid because they give a bad name to men who truly mean well and although they would like to get laid, they are gentleman enough to not push it or try to force themselves on the woman. I know myself well enough to know this character you describe is not me. You can say what you want, but you don't know me enough to say I'm one of these men. It really bothers me when a woman generalizes by saying "All men" are this way or that way. How can anyone honestly make that statement unless they have met every man in the world. The statement is a generalization based on men she has met or heard about from friends and you know hearsay becomes exagerated when passed on from person to person. I believe before you can judge an entire species, you have to have all the facts and not judge all men based on a few. I, for one, am basically shy and have never used such cheesy pickup lines. It's not in my makeup. And I know a lot of men friends who are the same way. Keep in mind, there are true gentlemen out there. You just have to meet them and give them a chance to prove to you that "All" men are not alike. We're not all assholes as you portray in some of your blogs. Save your judgements for the individuals you know, not the entire race of men. The same goes for men who generalize about women as being all the same. It's just not true and it takes a person with a very thin mind to consider it. I love you my dear friend and I think the world of you. I love your blog and I love to give feedback when I see something that interests me - good or bad. I hope you will accept this as constructive criticism and please don't take it personally because it is not directed at you. This is just something I have been hearing all my life and I'm tired of hearing people make generalized comments about a group of people when they know less than 1% of them personally. I really hope you are feeling better soon and will hear from you again as well as have the ability to talk to you again. Get well soon Sophia. All your friends miss you - the real you.

    Yours, Rick

    ReplyDelete