Ye Mere Deewanapan Hai I Sophia Abella

Friday, February 5, 2010

Valentine's Day Special 2010


You would call me silly if I celebrated my birthday everyday. Likewise you would call a married couple insane if they celebrated their wedding anniversary everyday. It is so because special events are celebrated on specific dates. Not anytime or every time. Now consider this question:

Since when has the world’s most powerful emotion-LOVE become an event?
Would it be silly to celebrate ‘love’ everyday in our lives?
Do we have to set aside a specific day to express our ‘love’ to the special people in our lives?

My answer is, ’Absolutely Not’. I do not want to limit my celebration of  ‘love’ to just twenty-four hours in a year. I would like to pamper and be pampered all through the year. And so, the concept of  Valentine’s Day does not interest me at all. As a matter of fact, it endorses ‘love’ as a commodity. The concept has commercialized the idea of  ‘love’.

Today youngsters feel pressurized to purchase expensive gifts to express their heartfelt feelings to people special to them. To shower gifts out of free will is a lovely thing to do. But to feel obligated to do so takes away the joy from the celebrations.

I would like to treat 14th Feb like any other day and treat ‘love’ not as an annual event but as an everyday occasion.

Girls are smitten by guys who pay attention to the simple things in life which are mostly the small things that we tend to ignore. It is the journey that makes the destination exciting. And not vice versa. It does not matter where my date would take me out for dinner; a five star hotel or a road side or some place else. What matters is how my date would treat me all along the journey.

I would like to feel special everyday and to feel so I must choose to walk in love every single day.

Do let me know your thoughts on the matter.

2 comments:

  1. i want to know you more , contact me direct on my email : kimo2093@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for reading but I don't chat men online, that's what my page is design for. to share and guide some people where I see myself before on others struggles their facing today.

    ReplyDelete