Ye Mere Deewanapan Hai I Sophia Abella

Monday, February 1, 2010

Valentines Day Ideas For the Family


Valentines day ideas makes you think of singles, but did you know there are some simple yet fun ways to make Valentines Day special for the whole family?

Valentines Day ideas are usually focused with couples in mind. Here is a great way to make Valentines Day a family event. This party is simple and fun and something your children will always remember! I started with what I call the "RED DINNER" about ten years ago. I was divorced at the time and raising my five children. The divorce was still very new when Valentines Day came around and I wanted to do something special. I thought I would start a new family tradition, as the children and I began our new lifestyle.
That is how "RED DINNER" evolved. Here are three easy steps to starting your own family Valentines Party. Are you interested?

VALENTINES DAY IDEAS
* Set the table with as much as possible in red, pink and/or white
* purchase Valentine goodies/candies
* Serve everything red and/or pink

Setting your table with as much red, pink, white or a combination of the colors is the base. You can do this very inexpensively or as elaborate as your budget allows. I started off with very little and over the years I have collected little things that I use every year. Dollar stores are a great resource!

Purchasing things after Valentines Day for the following year is another great idea. Saving you tons of money in the long run. In any case, you are limited to your imagination.

I purchase a little bit of all kinds of Valentine candies. Personally I do it in my colors or red, pink and white. I then sprinkle the table with all the candies. I also have reusable valentine dishes for everyone so they can fill the dish with the different sweets on the table. I add candles, and my Valentine usually sends me flowers and they are to centerpiece!

Finally, I serve everything in the same colors. I have been known to even color certain food items to add to the effect. Again, use your imagination and have fun!

Valentines Day ideas do not have to be all about couples. Yet with my "RED DINNER" tradition it was easily adaptable to add my sweetheart (now hubby) when he became part of our lives. Ten years later, my tradition lives on every February 14th, you can be sure it will be a "RED DINNER" night!

WARNING: IF you begin holding a "RED DINNER" for more than two years in a row, your children will be expecting it every year!

This dinner concept can be applied to other holidays with slight modifications, so you do not have to save it just for your valentines day ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment